“Creating a dynamic and sustainable competitive Enterprise Sector, this will contribute to the economic, political and social aspirations of the nation”
"To facilitate and proactively support development, growth and competitiveness of NEDA’s Enterprises as an integral part of the national economy of Sri Lanka"
- Stimulate the growth, expansion and development of Sri Lanka’s economy by encouraging, promoting and facilitating small and medium enterprise development within Sri Lanka.
- Stimulate and encourage the establishment and operation outside Sri Lanka of enterprises designed with view to Internationalize domestic enterprises capable of penetrating foreign markets for the fulfillment of the objectives of the act of NEDA.
- Formulate policies, plans, promotional incentives appropriately designed and effectively support and promote trade and development in industry and agriculture.
- Empowerment of people of human capital development with technical skills as an integral component of enterprise development.
- Develop infrastructure facilities required to meet the development needs
- Facilitate the access of entrepreneurs to finances required for enterprise development and operation.
- Establish a Technology Development Fund to promote research and development in connection with product development, technological enhancement and commercialization of patents.
- Facilitate regional economic development.